Troy SargentLast Updated: January 24, 2023
Insurrection Related Information
- Present at Capitol on 1/6
- Arrested in Pittsfield, Massachusetts
- Sentenced on Dec 9, 2022
DOJ Case Number:
- Forcibly Assaulting, Resisting, Opposing, Impeding Federal Officers;
- Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder;
- Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority;
- Knowingly Engaging in Disorderly or Disruptive Conduct in Restricted Building or Grounds;
- Knowingly Engaging in Physical Violence in Restricted Building or Grounds;
- Willfully and Knowingly Engaging in Physical Violence in Capitol Grounds or Buildings
Timeline of Litigation
ArrestedPittsfield, Massachusetts | March 9, 2021
ChargedMarch 24, 2021 "Sargent was indicted on March 26, 2021. Sargent pleaded not guilty to counts 1-6. Defendant remains on personal recognizance."
Status ConferenceAugust 19, 2021 "Status conference set for 8/19/2021 at 10:00AM"
ChargedNovember 10, 2021 "Superseding indictment filed 11/10/2021."
PleadedJune 27, 2022 "Pleaded guilty 6/27/22 to all charges in the superseding indictment."
SentencedDecember 9, 2022 "Sentenced - 12/9/22 to 14 months incarceration, 24 months supervised release, $500 restitution"
- Prison: 14 month(s)
- Parole/Supervised Release: 24 month(s)
- Fine/Restitution: $500
Massachusetts Man Sentenced For Assaulting Law Enforcement Officers in Jan. 6 Capitol BreachPublished on December 12, 2022 Read at US DOJ
Massachusetts Man Pleads Guilty to Assaulting Law Enforcement Officers in Jan. 6 Capitol BreachPublished on June 27, 2022 Read at US DOJ
Verified Social Media Handles
We believe this information should be free for all
We’re working hard to keep this information updated and accessible to all, but that means we need your help to power this important work. Will you chip in to keep this information free?Donate