Thomas WebsterLast Updated: September 8, 2022
Florida, New York
Insurrection Related Information
- Present at Capitol on 1/6
- Arrested in White Plains, New York
- Sentenced on Sep 1, 2022
- USMC Veteran, Retired NYPD Officer
Thomas Webster, in red jacket, charging at a police officer with a flagpole at a barricade line at on the west front of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, in Washington. Webster, a Marine Corps veteran and retired New York City Police Department Officer, is accused of assaulting an MPD officer with a flagpole. A number of law enforcement officers were assaulted while attempting to prevent rioters from entering the U.S. Capitol.
USMC Veteran, Retired NYPD Officer
DOJ Case Number:
- Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Dangerous Weapon;
- Civil Disorder;
- Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon;
- Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon;
- Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon;
- Disorderly Conduct Within the Capitol Grounds or Buildings;
- Act of Physical Violence Within the Capitol Grounds or Buildings
Timeline of Litigation
ArrestedWhite Plains, New York | February 22, 2021
ArraignedApril 9, 2021 "Webster was arraigned on 4/9/21 and pleaded not guilty to counts 1-7. Motion for release from custody granted 6/29."
Initial AppearanceFebruary 23, 2021 "Initial Appearance 2/23/2021 and ordered detained."
ChargedMarch 12, 2021 "Indicted 3/12."
Status ConferenceAugust 31, 2021 "Motion for release from custody granted 6/29. Status conference set for 8/31/21 at 2PM"
ChargedNovember 10, 2021 "Superseding indictment filed 11/10/2021."
TrialMay 2, 2022 "Found guilty of all charges on 5/2/22."
SentencedSeptember 1, 2022 "Sentenced 9/1/22 to 10 years in prison, three years of supervised release, $2,060 in restitution."
- Prison: 120 month(s)
- Parole/Supervised Release: 36 month(s)
- Fine/Restitution: $2060
Retired NYPD Officer Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison For Actions Related to Capitol BreachPublished on September 1, 2022 Read at US DOJ
Retired NYPD Officer Found Guilty by Jury of Felony Charges for Actions Related to Capitol BreachPublished on May 2, 2022 Read at US DOJ
The veterans who stormed U.S. Capitol: Where are they now?Published on January 5, 2022 Read at Audacy
Miami, Oklahoma, man arrested in Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol breach accused of attacking AP photographerPublished on October 4, 2021 Read at Tulsa World
Verified Social Media Handles
We believe this information should be free for all
We’re working hard to keep this information updated and accessible to all, but that means we need your help to power this important work. Will you chip in to keep this information free?Donate