Sean McHughLast Updated: May 26, 2022
Insurrection Related Information
- Present at Capitol on 1/6
- Arrested in Auburn, California
- Status conference on Sep 15, 2021
McHugh, along with other rioters, pushed a large metal sign into a line of uniformed police officers while McHugh yelled into his megaphone, “Put it up there! Put it up there!” McHugh is further captured on video shooting officers with an unknown, yellow chemical spray and with the same canister of spray holstered at his right hip.
DOJ Case Number:
- Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority
- Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds
- Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds
- Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds Physical Violence on Capitol Grounds
- Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder
- Assault Law Enforcement Officer with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon
- Obstruction of Justice/Congress
Timeline of Litigation
ArrestedAuburn, California | May 27, 2021
ArraignedJuly 28, 2021 "Arraignment 7/28; pleaded not guilty to all counts."
Initial AppearanceMay 28, 2021 "Initial appearance held 5/28."
ChargedJuly 7, 2021 "Indicted 7/7. Defendant remains committed."
Status ConferenceSeptember 15, 2021 "Status conference set for 9/15 at 11 am."
California Man Arrested for Violence on Capitol Grounds during Jan. 6 Capitol BreachPublished on May 29, 2021 Read at US DOJ
Verified Social Media Handles
- Capitol Breach Cases (Department of Justice)
- January 6th Archive NJ, CA, VA (Media Matters Action Network)
We believe this information should be free for all
We’re working hard to keep this information updated and accessible to all, but that means we need your help to power this important work. Will you chip in to keep this information free?Donate