Salvatore VassalloLast Updated: October 3, 2022
Toms River, New Jersey
Insurrection Related Information
- Present at Capitol on 1/6
- Arrested in Toms River, New Jersey
According to court documents, on Jan. 6, 2021, Vassallo illegally entered the Capitol grounds. He hopped over a rail and joined a mob that was confronting law enforcement officers on the Upper West Terrace of the Capitol, near the Senate Wing Door and the Senate Fire Door. At approximately 4:26 p.m., he emerged from the crowd and faced the officers. Several seconds later, he abruptly charged at an officer with the Metropolitan Police Department who was in the process of assisting other officers. Vassallo grabbed and pushed the officer with what appeared to be a significant amount of force. Moments later, he departed from that area.
DOJ Case Number:
- Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder,
- Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers,
- Entering or Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds,
- Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds,
- Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds,
- Act of Disorderly Conduct in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings,
- Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings.
Timeline of Litigation
ChargedSeptember 12, 2022 "Complaint filed 9/12/22."
ArrestedToms River, New Jersey | September 14, 2022