Robert Fairchild Jr.Last Updated: May 12, 2022
Insurrection Related Information
- Present at Capitol on 1/6
- Arrested in Orlando, Florida
- Pleaded on May 11, 2022
According to MPD body-worn camera (BWC) footage, Fairchild was on the exterior west plaza of the U.S. Capitol building during the riot where he was seen consistently moving up and down the police line along the security gate barriers.
As alleged, at 1:23 p.m., Fairchild was seen grabbing the security gate and attempting to remove it from the officer’s control but was unsuccessful. Later, Fairchild was seen pushing with the crowd against the barriers, causing officers to use their batons and hands to fight back. As alleged, at 2:10 p.m., Fairchild used his body to push the barriers into the line of MPD officers, and five minutes later, helped the crowd carry away a barrier removed from the police line. Fairchild was also observed walking through the Senate wing door around 3:09 p.m. At approximately 3;27 p.m., he allegedly stood near the broken window of the south exterior door and appeared to take a video of the crowd with his phone. At approximately 3:29 p.m., Fairchild is seen exiting the building.
DOJ Case Number:
- Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds
- Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds
- Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds
- Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building
- Engaging in Physical Violence in the Ground or Capitol Building
- Assaulting, Resisting or Impeding Certain Officers
- Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder
- Obstructing or Impeding Official Proceeding
Timeline of Litigation
ArrestedOrlando, Florida | August 12, 2021
PleadedMay 11, 2022 "Pleaded guilty 5/11/22."
We believe this information should be free for all
We’re working hard to keep this information updated and accessible to all, but that means we need your help to power this important work. Will you chip in to keep this information free?Donate