Lewis CantwellLast Updated: January 24, 2023
Waynesville, North Carolina
Insurrection Related Information
- Present at Capitol on 1/6
- Arrested in Asheville, North Carolina
- Sentenced on Dec 6, 2022
DOJ Case Number:
- Civil Disorder;
- Obstruction of an Official Proceeding;
- Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building and Grounds;
- Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building and Grounds;
- Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Capitol Building and Grounds;
- Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Timeline of Litigation
ArrestedAsheville, North Carolina | February 18, 2021
ChargedFebruary 5, 2021 "Indicted 2/5/21."
Status ConferenceMarch 2, 2021 "Status conference held on 3/2/21."
Status ConferenceApril 20, 2021 "Status conference held on 4/20/21."
Status ConferenceAugust 18, 2021 "Status conference set for 8/18/21 at 2 pm."
PleadedMarch 24, 2022 "Pleaded guilty 3/24/22."
SentencedDecember 6, 2022 "Sentenced - 12/6/22 to 5 months of incarceration, followed by 36 months of supervised release, $2,000 restitution"
- Prison: 5 month(s)
- Parole/Supervised Release: 36 month(s)
- Fine/Restitution: $2000
North Carolina Man Sentenced For Offenses Committed During Jan. 6 Capitol BreachPublished on December 6, 2022 Read at US DOJ
North Carolina Man Pleads Guilty to Felony Charge For Offenses Committed During Jan. 6 Capitol BreachPublished on March 24, 2022 Read at US DOJ
We believe this information should be free for all
We’re working hard to keep this information updated and accessible to all, but that means we need your help to power this important work. Will you chip in to keep this information free?Donate