Kyle FitzsimonsLast Updated: September 30, 2022
Insurrection Related Information
- Present at Capitol on 1/6
- Arrested in Lebanon, Maine
- Trial on Sep 27, 2022
DOJ Case Number:
- Civil Disorder;
- Obstruction of an Official Proceeding;
- Inflicting Bodily Injury on Certain Officers;
- Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds;
- Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds;
- Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds;
- Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building;
- Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings
Timeline of Litigation
ArrestedLebanon, Maine | February 4, 2021
ArraignedApril 22, 2021 "Arraignment held 4/22."
ChargedFebruary 26, 2021 "Indicted 2/26."
Status ConferenceAugust 19, 2021 "Status conference set for 8/19 at 10:30 am. Defendant remains committed."
ChargedMay 18, 2022 "Superseding indictment filed 5/18/22."
TrialSeptember 27, 2022 "Found guilty 9/27/22, following bench trial the previous month. Fitzsimons was found guilty of seven felony charges: one count of obstruction of an official proceeding; four counts of assaulting, resisting, or impeding law enforcement officers, including two involving a dangerous weapon or bodily injury; one count of interfering with a law enforcement officer during a civil disorder, and one count of engaging in physical violence in a restricted building or grounds. He also was found guilty of four misdemeanor charges including: entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds; disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds; disorderly conduct in a Capitol Building or grounds; and committing an act of violence in the Capitol Building or grounds."
We believe this information should be free for all
We’re working hard to keep this information updated and accessible to all, but that means we need your help to power this important work. Will you chip in to keep this information free?Donate