Kevin CreekLast Updated: May 9, 2022
Insurrection Related Information
- Present at Capitol on 1/6
- Arrested in John's Creek, Georgia
- Sentenced on May 2, 2022
Creek was captured on body worn camera (BWC) footage assaulting multiple law enforcement officers.
As depicted in the footage, shortly before 2:30 p.m., Creek struck an officer and kicked another a minute later. Both officers were uniformed and carrying out official duties. According to court documents, Creek travelled to Washington, D.C. on Jan. 5, carried mace and a boot knife at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, and travelled home on Jan. 7.
DOJ Case Number:
- Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority
- Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds
- Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds
- Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds
- Physical Violence on Capitol Grounds
- Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder
- Assault, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers
Timeline of Litigation
ArrestedJohn's Creek, Georgia | June 9, 2021
Status ConferenceAugust 24, 2021 "Status hearing set for 8/24 at 1 pm. Defendant remains on personal recognizance."
Plea AgreementDecember 1, 2021 "Plea agreement entered 12/1/21."
SentencedMay 2, 2022 "Sentenced 5/2/22 to 27 months in prison, 12 months of supervised release, $2,000 restitution."
- Prison: 27 month(s)
- Parole/Supervised Release: 12 month(s)
- Fine/Restitution: $2000