Joseph PadillaLast Updated: September 20, 2023
Insurrection Related Information
- Present at Capitol on 1/6
- Arrested in Cleveland, Tennessee
- Sentenced on Sep 13, 2023
- Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers
- Civil Disorder
- Assaulting, or Impeding Certain Officers Using a Dangerous Weapon
- Obstruction of an Official Proceeding
- Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon
- Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon
- Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds with a Deadly or Dangerous Weapon
- Disorderly Conduct in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings
- Act of Physical Violence in the Capitol Grounds or Buildings
Timeline of Litigation
ArrestedCleveland, Tennessee | February 23, 2021
ArraignedMarch 30, 2021 "Padilla pleaded not guilty on all counts on 3/30/21"
ChargedMarch 12, 2021 "Indicted 3/12/21."
Status ConferenceAugust 25, 2021 "Next status conference set for 8/25/21 at 2 pm. Defendant held without bond pending trial."
ChargedNovember 10, 2021 "Superseding indictment filed 11/10/2021."
SentencedSeptember 13, 2023 "Sentenced to 78 months in prison 24 months of supervised release and to pay restitution of $2000."
- Prison: 78 month(s)
- Parole/Supervised Release: 24 month(s)
- Fine/Restitution: $2000