Jonathan MunafoLast Updated: April 24, 2023
Insurrection Related Information
- Present at Capitol on 1/6
- Arrested in Orlando, Florida
- Arraigned on May 11, 2021
Munafo was on the Lower West Terrace outside the tunnel where he was captured on video striking a U.S. Capitol Police officer twice in the head and body with a closed fist. Munafo then violently ripped the officer’s riot shield out of his hands and passed it back to others in the crowd behind him. At one point, Munafo used a wooden flagpole to strike a window of the Capitol in an attempt to break it.
- Forcibly Assaulting, Resisting, Opposing, Impeding or Interfering with Officer of U.S. Government
- Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds without Lawful Authority
- Engaging in Disorderly Conduct on Restricted Grounds with Intent to Disrupt Official Functions
- Engaging in an Act of Physical Violence against Person/Property on Restricted Grounds and While Using a Dangerous Weapon
- Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds
Timeline of Litigation
ArrestedOrlando, Florida | April 23, 2021
ArraignedMay 11, 2021 "Arraigned 5/11/21 and pleaded not guilty to all counts. Remains committed."
Initial AppearanceApril 26, 2021 "Initial appearance held 4/26/21."
ChargedApril 28, 2021 "Indicted 4/28/21."
We believe this information should be free for all
We’re working hard to keep this information updated and accessible to all, but that means we need your help to power this important work. Will you chip in to keep this information free?Donate