Jonathan CarltonLast Updated: August 30, 2022
Insurrection Related Information
- Present at Capitol on 1/6
- Arrested in Jacksonville, Florida
- Sentenced on Aug 26, 2022
- Union Correctional Institution in Raiford, Florida
State corrections officer arrested on misdemeanor charges involving the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.
Jonathan Daniel Carlton could face up to 18 months behind bars if convicted of charges involving entering a restricted building and disorderly or disruptive conduct. He was released on a $25,000 signature bond, in which no money is posted up-front but a defendant agrees they can be held accountable for the cash if he violates terms of his pre-trial release.
Union Correctional Institution in Raiford, Florida
- Obstruction of an Official Proceeding;
- Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds;
- Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds;
- Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building;
- Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Timeline of Litigation
ArrestedJacksonville, Florida | March 11, 2021
ArraignedMay 28, 2021 "Arraigned 5/28/21 where he pleaded not guilty to all counts."
Initial AppearanceMarch 17, 2021 "Initial appearance 3/17/21."
ChargedMarch 24, 2021 "Indicted 3/24/21."
Status ConferenceOctober 6, 2021 "Status conference set for 10/6/21 at 11 am."
PleadedMarch 29, 2022 "Pleaded guilty 3/29/22."
SentencedAugust 26, 2022 "Sentenced 8/26/22 to 36 months’ probation, 40 hours of community service, $500 restitution."
- Prison: 36 month(s)
- Community Service: 40 hour(s)
- Fine/Restitution: $500
We believe this information should be free for all
We’re working hard to keep this information updated and accessible to all, but that means we need your help to power this important work. Will you chip in to keep this information free?Donate