Jeremiah CaplingerLast Updated: August 2, 2022
Insurrection Related Information
- Present at Capitol on 1/6
- Arrested in Eastern District, Michigan
- Sentenced on Aug 1, 2022
Man from Taylor, Michigan who climbed a wall at the U.S. Capitol became the seventh Michigan resident to be charged in the Jan. 6 riot.
- Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority;
- Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds;
- Climbing on U.S. Capitol Grounds
Timeline of Litigation
ArrestedEastern District, Michigan | April 6, 2021
Plea AgreementNovember 5, 2021 "Plea agreement entered 11/5 and pleaded guilty to count 5."
SentencedAugust 1, 2022 "Sentenced 8/1/22 to 35 days in jail, followed by 24 months of probation, 60 hours of community service, $500 restitution."
- Prison: 35 day(s)
- Parole/Supervised Release: 24 month(s)
- Community Service: 60 hour(s)
- Fine/Restitution: $500