Jeremiah CaplingerLast Updated: August 2, 2022
Insurrection Related Information
- Present at Capitol on 1/6
- Arrested in Eastern District, Michigan
- Sentenced on Aug 1, 2022
Man from Taylor, Michigan who climbed a wall at the U.S. Capitol became the seventh Michigan resident to be charged in the Jan. 6 riot.
DOJ Case Number:
- Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority;
- Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds;
- Climbing on U.S. Capitol Grounds
Timeline of Litigation
ArrestedEastern District, Michigan | April 6, 2021
Plea AgreementNovember 5, 2021 "Plea agreement entered 11/5 and pleaded guilty to count 5."
SentencedAugust 1, 2022 "Sentenced 8/1/22 to 35 days in jail, followed by 24 months of probation, 60 hours of community service, $500 restitution."
- Prison: 35 day(s)
- Parole/Supervised Release: 24 month(s)
- Community Service: 60 hour(s)
- Fine/Restitution: $500
Verified Social Media Handles
We believe this information should be free for all
We’re working hard to keep this information updated and accessible to all, but that means we need your help to power this important work. Will you chip in to keep this information free?Donate