Edward RodriguezLast Updated: March 15, 2023
Brooklyn, New York
Insurrection Related Information
- Present at Capitol on 1/6
- Arrested in Brooklyn, New York
- Charged on Dec 1, 2021
As depicted in publicly available video, Rodriguez pointed a canister at visibly marked law enforcement officers manning a barricade and sprayed them with a chemical irritant before retreating back into the crowd.
DOJ Case Number:
- Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds
- Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds
- Engaging in Physical Violence in a Restricted Building or Grounds
- Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building
- Assaulting, Resisting or Impeding Certain Officers
Timeline of Litigation
ArrestedBrooklyn, New York | July 9, 2021
Initial AppearanceJuly 16, 2021 "Initial appearance on 7/16. Defendant remains released on personal recognizance bond."
Status ConferenceSeptember 30, 2021 "Status hearing set for 9/30/2021 at 1PM."
ChargedJuly 21, 2021 "Indicted 7/21/2021"
ChargedDecember 1, 2021 "Superseding indictment filed 12/1/2021."
New Article New York Man Pleads Guilty to Felony Charge For Actions During Jan. 6 Capitol BreachPublished on March 13, 2023 Read at US DOJ
New York Man Arrested for Assault on Law Enforcement During Jan. 6 Capitol BreachPublished on July 10, 2021 Read at US DOJ
We believe this information should be free for all
We’re working hard to keep this information updated and accessible to all, but that means we need your help to power this important work. Will you chip in to keep this information free?Donate