Duke WilsonLast Updated: May 26, 2022
Insurrection Related Information
- Present at Capitol on 1/6
- Arrested in Nampa, Idaho
- Arraigned on May 26, 2022
Wilson picked up a several feet long white cylindrical object, believed to be a thin polyvinyl chloride (PVC) pipe, and indiscriminately used it to strike at the officers, hitting one.
Wilson then raised the object above his head and threw it into the line of officers. As the confrontation continued, he also assisted others in attempting to pull a shield away from an officer. During a struggle over the shield, he pushed an officer to the ground and then joined others in pushing another officer.
DOJ Case Number:
- Knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority to do so;
- Assaulting, resisting or impeding certain officers;
- Disorderly conduct;
- Parading, demonstrating or picketting the Capitol building;
- Obstruction of Congress/justice;
Timeline of Litigation
ArrestedNampa, Idaho | April 15, 2021
Status ConferenceJune 21, 2021 "Status hearing set for 6/21/21 at 1 pm."
ArraignedMay 26, 2022 "Arraigned 5/26. Defendant entered a plea of not guilty as to all counts."
PleadedSeptember 7, 2021 "Pleaded guilty 9/7/21"
SentencedMarch 4, 2022 "Sentenced 3/4/22 to 51 months in prison, followed by three years of supervised release, $2,000 restitution."
- Prison: 51 month(s)
- Parole/Supervised Release: 36 month(s)
- Fine/Restitution: $2000
We believe this information should be free for all
We’re working hard to keep this information updated and accessible to all, but that means we need your help to power this important work. Will you chip in to keep this information free?Donate