Douglas SweetLast Updated: May 26, 2022
Hampton Roads, Virginia
Insurrection Related Information
- Present at Capitol on 1/6
- Arrested in Mathews, Virginia
- Sentenced on Nov 9, 2021
DOJ Case Number:
- Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building;
- Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building;
- Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building;
- Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Timeline of Litigation
ArrestedMathews, Virginia | January 13, 2021
Initial AppearanceJanuary 19, 2021 "Initial appearance on 1/19 where he pleaded not guilty to all counts."
Plea AgreementAugust 10, 2021 "Plea agreement hearing held 8/10. Pleaded guilty to count four."
SentencedNovember 9, 2021 "Sentenced 11/9 to 36 months probation with one month home detention; $500 restitution; and 60 hours community service."
- Parole/Supervised Release: 36 month(s)
- Community Service: 60 hour(s)
- Fine/Restitution: $500
Thirteen Charged in Federal Court Following Riot at the United States CapitolPublished on January 8, 2021 Read at US DOJ
- Capitol Breach Cases (Department of Justice)
- January 6th Archive NJ, CA, VA (Media Matters Action Network)
We believe this information should be free for all
We’re working hard to keep this information updated and accessible to all, but that means we need your help to power this important work. Will you chip in to keep this information free?Donate