Antionne BrodnaxLast Updated: January 24, 2023
Bugzie The Don
Insurrection Related Information
- Present at Capitol on 1/6
- Arrested in Sandston, Virginia
- Sentenced on Dec 19, 2022
Antionne DeShaun Brodnax, better known as Bugzie the Don, was pictured sitting on top of a SWAT vehicle smoking a cigar as the mob of Donald Trump supporters stormed the Capitol building behind him.
The rapper then used the image to promote his latest album The Capital, which was released in March.
DOJ Case Number:
- Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority
- Disorderly conduct in any Restricted Building or Grounds
- Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds
Timeline of Litigation
ArrestedSandston, Virginia | March 11, 2021
Initial AppearanceMarch 17, 2021 "Initial appearance - 3/17/21"
ChargedMay 11, 2021 "Charged via criminal information - 5/11/21"
ArraignedMay 20, 2021 "Arraigned - 5/20/21 and pleaded not guilty to all counts."
PleadedOctober 22, 2021 "Brodnax pleaded guilty to all four counts of the information -10/22/2021."
SentencedDecember 19, 2022 "Sentenced - 12/19/2022 to 5 months incarceration, 12 months supervised release, $500 restitution"
- Prison: 5 month(s)
- Parole/Supervised Release: 12 month(s)
- Fine/Restitution: $500
Rapper Bugzie the Don Using Photo From Capitol Riot on Album CoverPublished on May 18, 2021 Read at Newsweek
Verified Social Media Handles
- Capitol Breach Cases (Department of Justice)
- January 6th Archive NJ, CA, VA (Media Matters Action Network)
We believe this information should be free for all
We’re working hard to keep this information updated and accessible to all, but that means we need your help to power this important work. Will you chip in to keep this information free?Donate