Aaron MostofskyLast Updated: May 9, 2022
Brooklyn, New York
Insurrection Related Information
- Present at Capitol on 1/6
- Arrested in Brooklyn, New York
- Sentenced on May 6, 2022
Son of Hon. Steven Mostofsky (Brooklyn SC judge).
DOJ Case Number:
- Civil Disorder ;
- Obstruction of an Official Proceeding and Aiding and Abetting;
- Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers;
- Theft of Government Property;
- Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds;
- Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building or Grounds.
- Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building
- Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Timeline of Litigation
ArrestedBrooklyn, New York | January 12, 2021
ArraignedMarch 9, 2021 "Arraigned 3/9 and pleaded not guilty to counts 1-8."
ChargedFebruary 19, 2021 "Indicted 2/19."
ChargedJune 23, 2021 "Superseding indictment issued 6/23."
TrialJanuary 24, 2022 "Jury trial scheduled to begin 1/24/2022 at 9:30 am. Defendant remains on personal recognizance bond."
Status ConferenceMay 27, 2021 "Status conferences held on 5/27/21 and 8/17/21. Defendant remains on personal recognizance"
Status ConferenceSeptember 9, 2021 "Status hearing set for 9/9 at 11:30 am."
PleadedFebruary 2, 2022 "Pleaded guilty 2/2/22."
SentencedMay 6, 2022 "Sentenced 5/6/22 to eight months in prison, followed by 12 months of supervised release, including 200 hours of community service and $2,000 restitution."
- Prison: 8 month(s)
- Parole/Supervised Release: 12 month(s)
- Community Service: 200 hour(s)
- Fine/Restitution: $2000
New York Man Sentenced to Eight Months in Prison for Offenses Committed During Jan. 6 Capitol BreachPublished on May 6, 2022 Read at US DOJ
New York Man Pleads Guilty to Felony and Other Charges for Offenses Committed During Jan. 6 Capitol BreachPublished on February 2, 2022 Read at US Department of Justice
Seven Charged in Federal Court Following Events At the United CapitolPublished on January 13, 2021 Read at US DOJ
6 New York politicos who attended the Trump riotPublished on January 12, 2021 Read at City & State New York
Verified Social Media Handles
We believe this information should be free for all
We’re working hard to keep this information updated and accessible to all, but that means we need your help to power this important work. Will you chip in to keep this information free?Donate