Mark MazzaLast Updated: December 15, 2022
Insurrection Related Information
- Present at Capitol on 1/6
- Arrested in Shelbyville, Indiana
- Sentenced on Oct 21, 2022
Mark Andrew Mazza, 56, of Shelbyville, is charged with illegal possession of a firearm on Capitol grounds, civil disorder, and assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain officers with a dangerous weapon, among other charges.
- Obstructing any official proceeding
- Knowingly enter or remain in. any restricted building or grounds
- Knowingly, and with intent to impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of Government Business and engage in physical violence all while carrying a deadly or dangerous weapon
- Obstructing law enforcement officer during a civil disorder
- Carry, or have readily accessible, a firearm on Capitol Grounds; utter loud, threatening or abusive language, or engage in disorderly or disruptive conduct; and engage in acts of physical violence - Possess a pistol, firearm or ammunition outside their home or place of business in D.C. without a license and registration
Timeline of Litigation
ChargedNovember 12, 2021 "Complaint filed 11/12/21."
ArrestedShelbyville, Indiana | November 17, 2021
PleadedJune 17, 2022 "Pleaded guilty 6/17/22."
SentencedOctober 21, 2022 "Sentenced 10/21/22 to 60 months in prison, three years of supervised release, $2,150 in restitution."
- Prison: 60 month(s)
- Parole/Supervised Release: 36 month(s)
- Fine/Restitution: $250
We believe this information should be free for all
We’re working hard to keep this information updated and accessible to all, but that means we need your help to power this important work. Will you chip in to keep this information free?Donate