Christopher WarnagirisLast Updated: August 18, 2022
Insurrection Related Information
- Present at Capitol on 1/6
- Arrested in Quantico, Virginia
- Charged on Dec 1, 2021
- Active Duty Marine
Warnagiris, 40, violently entered the Capitol after pushing through a line of police officers guarding the East Rotunda doors. According to the criminal complaint, he then stood by the door, holding it open and helping others enter the building.
Active Duty Marine
DOJ Case Number:
- Assaulting, Resisting or Impeding Certain Officers or Employees
- Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder
- Obstruction of Justice/Congress
- Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds without Lawful Authority
- Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds
Timeline of Litigation
ArrestedQuantico, Virginia | May 13, 2021
ArraignedJune 28, 2021 "Arraigned 6/28 where he pleaded not guilty to counts 1-9."
ChargedJune 2, 2021 "Indicted 6/2."
Status ConferenceAugust 27, 2021 "Status conference set for 8/27 at 12 pm. Defendant remains on personal recognizance."
ChargedDecember 1, 2021 "Superseding indictment filed 12/1/2021."
The veterans who stormed U.S. Capitol: Where are they now?Published on January 5, 2022 Read at Audacy
After Capitol Riot Indictment, Marine Major Remains at His Quantico JobPublished on June 21, 2021 Read at Military.com
Active Duty U.S. Marine Corps Officer Arrested for Assault on Federal Law Enforcement Officer During Jan. 6 Capitol BreachPublished on May 13, 2021 Read at US DOJ
- Capitol Breach Cases (Department of Justice)
- January 6th Archive NJ, CA, VA (Media Matters Action Network)
We believe this information should be free for all
We’re working hard to keep this information updated and accessible to all, but that means we need your help to power this important work. Will you chip in to keep this information free?Donate